• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil drenched air filter.

CucvFML

85 m1009 25k miles daily driver. Lately its been throwing clouds of smoke during any acceleration, and my air filter is covered with oil. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Westech

CPL
Autozone... oriley.... napa....a civy part. you will have to go in to the Stant (sp?) book. It will NOT list it under trucks. I think i found it under olds diesels.... but get the buyers guide and look its in there! like 15 bucks tops.

wayne pick

The CDR valve is most likely clogged or damaged preventing the spring and diaphragm from working properly. It will dump excessive blow by gases and oil into the intake. It can be cleaned or replaced. Replacing it is a better option.

cpf240

Autozone... oriley.... napa....a civy part. you will have to go in to the Stant (sp?) book. It will NOT list it under trucks. I think i found it under olds diesels.... but get the buyers guide and look its in there! like 15 bucks tops.
Ok, thanks. I was under the impression that it was NOT the same as the civy version, as I've read posts here where the civy one is just a cap, not a breather, due to emission controls, etc.

wayne pick

There is really no need to replace the cap. It can be cleaned with degreaser spray and water or brakecleen. After cleaning, shake the cap, if it rattles it's good to go, if not then clean it again. Let it dry naturally after cleaning.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks