• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil dripping from regulator area

midcounty

I have a small oil leak on one of my multifuels, and finally took the time to track it down. It seems to be coming from a brass fitting(plug?) on the bottom side of what I am assuming is the oil pressure regulator(the rectangular assembly behind the oil filters). I am looking for a schematic that would show all the parts there. I am afraid to just pull the fitting out until I know what is there. It looks like I just need to pull the plug and seal it with teflon or a copper washer, depending on the configuration, but I don't want any suprises. If anyone knows where I can get a look at a schematic, please let me know. I tried to locate the TM manuals here, but I guess they are down again.

pctrans

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like you're talking about the oil cooler. The pressure regulator is on the other side of the block.

midcounty

Actually it's one of the plugs on the bottom. I am not sure yet, but looks like it is either a pipe thread that needs some thread sealer, or it's straight thread and needs a copper washer.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks