• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil everywhere..anyone in dfw wanna help?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's a commercial property and no storm drains are nearby if that makes a difference. Used about 100lbs of that oil-dry or wtvr it's called right after anyway.
Sounds like you handled it properly, those "little" messes can escalate quickly if the authorities are made aware of them.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
He said his buddy was tampering with drain valves right before they started it. I suspect he'll find one open...
I missed that I guess.

Easy fix then.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for updating us, it's appreciated.

Thanks, I was quickly scanning thru the posts and I was expecting the creator of the thread to come back and update us in the leak since so many offers advise. I guess I was over thinking things. I'll need to read it more carefully next time.
sorry holidays,wife and work kept me busy. As of today truck is back up and running. Ended up having a former m923 mechanic take a look at it and yes one of the valves was opened apparently. Today He tightened everything before attempting start which took forever because the emergency fuel cut off I pushed apparently sticks even when pushed in. Once it started ran awesome and no oil leaks! Next time he'll help with the various fluid changes.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks