• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil filter adapter kit.

3ID ARMY BRAT

Who makes oil filter adapter kits for the LDT-465? If there is more than one maker for these kits, who makes the best for our truck? I know our trucks are old, but i would like to see my truck make it another 41 years. I don't want to chance it buy buying a cheap after market part, so any help on this subject would be very much appreciated.

westfolk

I got mine from westfolk. I think he only makes them when things at the quarry are slow though. Looks like he deleted his original thread, so here is Dug's take on them.

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-.../48271-westfolks-steel-oil-spin-adapters.html

Oh I still make and sell them. I even started putting out a spin on fuel filter kit for the MEP 002a/003a generators.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GV5cbhMOOUI[/media]

I just don't advertise to much. When I do I get overrun with orders. As it is I still make 10-15 kits a week between the oil kits and fuel kits.

shadowrwolf

hate to say it but these kits are a bit pricey for something you can nock out on a lathe with very little skill or time...

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Anybody can buy a kit, COPY it, and sell it cheaper,(the chinese do this everyday) there is no R and D time or cost, no leg work to find a supplier for the parts, no part number search, no to be first maker search, not have to worry about finding a ORIGNAL set up, As of now we are STILL allowed to make a profit on our investment (R&D, ECT.), I guarantee that the ones that brought the kits then copied are making more of a over all profit then WESTFOLK.

WESFOLK did not develop these kits over night after the the mail arrived, all these guys that bitch about the price DID NOT do what he did, any of these guys selling these kits would be selling for the same or higher price if thay had to start from SCRATCH like WESTFOLK did.

westfolk

Well said. Thank you.
And I am always trying to find a way to put them out cheaper, and with more options.
Case in point I am now offering spin-on oil filter kits for the MEP-002a/003a. $60 (free shipping)with everything to install, but the tools. A lot of choices of which filter to use. Even with these I am already trying to get them out cheaper.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Another plus comment for westfolk. Took two mins to put on and have had zero issues.

NoLeftTurns

Do jakonta's and westfolk's kits work with the 427 engine as well as the 465? I was under the impression that the filters are the same, but would like to make sure.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks