• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil filter, air filter and oil recommendation

bbqfan5909

Fellas,

I have a 86 CUCV 1009 that I keep at my deer lease. Was wondering what would be the best oil filter, air filter and oil to use in extremely dusty conditions? Thanks for the help.

Casey

Wolf.Dose

Oil filter and air filter: Use the original stuff, change air filter after a maximum of 5000 to 6000 miles, visually check early for clogging. Oil is a standard 15W40 CE/CF quality, change in short distances and severe operations after 2000 to 3000 miles, under normal conditions after 6000 miles. Oil filter should be changed at every oil change.
Problem: These filters are not stocked any more at the auto part shops, so they must be ordered. Purolator is one of the makers.
Wolf

Wolf.Dose

Yes and no!
Last year, when I was in the States, I asked for some of these parts in Autoparts and they did not have it on stock neither in the lists they had. They said: If you have the numbers and order a good quantity, we order them.
I'm to lazy now (we are at 3:26 in the morning) to go to my barn and check the numbers.
Wolf

Wolf.Dose

Oil filters are: Purolator: L30040 which replaces PER40, AC: PF-11, PF-35 or PF35L, FRAM: PH13, Group 7: V-40, PRO Gauge: PGO-40, Hastings: LF224, WIX: 51061, Mann+Hummel: W936/5.

Air filter for example Purolator A63181, have no cross references.

Transmission oil filter kit is for example AC TF231, have no cross references.

Hope this helps.

Wolf