• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Filter Conversion Problem

HummerinTX

I am changing my oil, I started by removing the OEM oil filter housing and went to put on my new Oil Filter adapter and it doesn't look like it is going to work. I'll post some pics. Any ideas? 20200330_145623.jpg20200330_145614.jpg20200330_145952.jpg

HummerinTX

That bolted adapter comes off. And the adapter you have goes in its place

What adapter number did you get?
It says FL753 on the box. So which bolts do I remove from the plate thats on the truck? All of them on the inside? It looks like some of them go all the way through to the block.

HummerinTX

Yeah it looks like my adapter plate is too thin. It should be thicker like the one in the picture you sent. Thanks for the help. Now off to buy a stock canister filter... :mad:

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The ones I used were thicker then that. I think that one is for the older Cummins. I will go check for the p/n number you need.

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also used the Baldwin part simp listed. I didn't see it commented on but there are two small gaskets in the kit. One is thinner than the other. After trial fitting it with the thin gasket, I decided to use the thicker one when I installed mine. I have seen people suggest using the thin one but it didn't look right to me.

Iwo Jima

I also used the Baldwin part simp listed. I didn't see it commented on but there are two small gaskets in the kit. One is thinner than the other. After trial fitting it with the thin gasket, I decided to use the thicker one when I installed mine. I have seen people suggest using the thin one but it didn't look right to me.
Hi so which one is the correct gasket to use on the NHC250? thicker or thinner? Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks