• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil filter woes just about fixed...

Flea

Well, some of you may remember, I had a gasket blowout on the base of my filters almost a month ago, and I was finally able to track down a canister bolt after one of mine broke while re-torquing.

AlphaDeltaRomeo, you are officially added to my "heros" list. :lol: Since there wasn't a postage amount on my package from DHL, you have a freely-redeemable coupon good for a lunch or dinner if you're ever up in this area, or at the very least a comfortable stay on a trip elsewhere.

I am including some pictures of what I have discovered.

The Wix filter kit is below par, by quite a large margin. First, the available holes for filtered oil to exit were far fewer than the "GI" unit. The pictures will tell the story there. Second, the gaskets included with the kit were brittle enough after a month and a half to break without much force at all.

I will not be buying that kit again.

Luckily, after checking the oil level again, I didn't lose nearly as much oil as I originally thought. I was only out about a gallon and a half vs. the original 4 gallons I thought.

Pics:

Attachments

dabtl

May I suggest that the installation of the jatonka spin on filters will solve all those problems and many more? Just a thought, of course. I put them on mine and will put them on the new deuce next month, first thing. Too easy to install and all those problems go away.

ironhorsethegeneral

yes the jatonka filters are wonderful. installed on one truck and waiting to install on 2nd truck. changing oil will be so much easier now. on memorial weekend while out on manevurs with the Georgia State Defense Force we blew an oil can. it has now been corrected with the jatonka filters. no leaks, no fuss and no more broken bolts. also no more hassels.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks