• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil gauge

deuce.5

My truck (1983 AM General M35A2) is missing the oil gauge. How do I know if I need the 60 or the 120 PSI gauge? Can I tell by the sending unit, or does the year of the truck indicate one or the other? I've seen a few for sale, but I'd like to get the right one the first time. Thanks for the help!

Deuce.5

Gatnom

My sending unit is marked for 120psi right on it. I would think the 60 pounders would be similarly marked. You have to get it out in the open to see it. The stamping is very small. Dave

Westech

CPL
how much oil Psi should a 465 have? Ive seen 0-60 and 0-120. whats the deal? is there two different pumps? tThis has bugged me for a long time and now I cant sleep at night

DEL03

my 67 runs 90 at start up and right around 100 full bore at 43 MPH down the highway :roll: rollin of course with the multi fuel and diesel in the injectors.....good luck

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Lord, thats high. Rule of thumb from engine building 101 is that you need 10PSI per 1000 RPM.

ironhorsethegeneral

Our truck when cold at idle runs 30 pounds. When warmed up it is 20 pounds. I have never seen it run over 30 pounds cold or warm. We have not ever had any problems so far. It may be normal for ours.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is 55 psi hot and running down the road. Drops to 30-40 at idle, and is off the scale when cold(60psi gauge)

Last edited:

DEL03

:confused: When I was in training at GM you were suppose to have a high of 60psi + or -5, then with engine warm no less than 11 + or - 5. now these were gasoline engines so I dont know that diesel would be any different. We have also built some HIPERF. Gas engines that once warmed had 90 + going around the track 10 psi per thousand does not sound like very much,does anyone have any idea how much volume they are pumping at such a low pressure??? I mean if your moving all 22 quarts a minute then maybe it is enough Pressure, I've never worried that mine was so high just because its not that much different than the high Pressure High Volume one in my sons truck??????????

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks