• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Leak. Im confused. Please Assist.

zackadams10

Hello fellow steel soldiers,

I am dealing with many problems right now on my lovely M1009, but I felt the best way to tackle them before winter is one by one. However, I understand mostly how to fix them all except one of them, The oil leak. There is a slight oil leak coming from the 6th Cylinder, right above the exhaust manifold. Unfortunately its not the valve cover like I had hoped. So I am wondering what you guys here have to say. Have you dealt with this problem before? Where is this mysterious oil coming from?

Any help would be appreciated, I can load pictures if necessary.

-Zack

some times an engine will what they call wet stack. that means the valve in that cylinder may have issues letting unburned fuel push out the exhaust valve i have seen this on a bigger engines. im just throwing this out because there i have seen it, that dont meen thats your problem