• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak m1009

REDWOLF

Think I found one of my oil leaks wile pulling my transmission,just need to figure out what it is so I can get a replacement. It sets on top of the motor just behind the air cleaner, where the distributor would be.

painter paul

A diesel engine doesn't have a vacuum source like a gas engine. Therefore vacuum controls like the heater controls are operated from this type of pump. Since a diesel has no distributor, it's a convenient place to mount it and drive it. 7.3 Fords use a similar vac pump. Many of them go bad and aren't replaced.

cucvrus

I have had the vacuum pumps leak oil twice already. It comes out of the pump itself. It is actually being sucked up the shaft of the vacuum pump and leaks out. The seal at the driver on top is bad and leaking oil from the engine. Replace the vacuum pump and your trouble are over.

cucvrus

Fits Your Vehicle Cardone Reman/Vacuum Pump

Price: $114.99
Core $5.00

• Part Number: 64-1201
  • Warranty: Limited Lifetime
  • Application: With Federal emission
  • Notes:
Best price I could find on short notice. Auto Zone. NO OEM/NOS ones the diaphragms are dry rotted at this point. And they are not warranted. I have several cores I keep to avoid the low $5. core charge. That has dropped it used to be $25. for the core. Good Luck that will fix the issue and use a new gasket at the base. 1 bolt and done.

REDWOLF

Just a question would this vacuum pump leaking oil, cause any problems with the truck being hard to start sometimes especially after I have run it for a wile and shut it off for a hour or so and then restart it?

cucvrus

No. That is in the injection pump. It may be dropping the fuel and losing prime thru an air leak in the fuel system. Look at your injection pump and down in the valley of the engine under the intake. Is it wet. It should be dry. Check the fuel filter area. The fuel should be contained in the fuel system. There should be no sign of fuel anywhere on the vehicle exterior engine /frame/ or fuel lines. Throttle shaft seals on the injection pump are notorious for leaking. But if they need changed and you never changed the pump. Tis the the time for change. Spring is upon us. Time to renew. If you need any help feel free to ask. We can all advise accordingly. Good Luck. Have a great day.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks