• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil leak

serp

when i shut off engine on deuce oil leaks from bellhousing for about 2 minutes.while engine is running there is no leak. after shut off leak is almost instant stream for a couple seconds then turns to a drip then stops.is this the rear main seal or ??

Boatcarpenter

Hey serp, do a search for Bjorn's road trip to California, I think you will find some good info there! Jonsey(Baby Hemmt) helped him do one in his yard!! Good luck!!

billymac61

Had the same problem, ordered a new rear main. Was driving it before I had a chance to change the seal and heard a popping noise and the problem went away.Upon inspection found mud doppers had built a nest in the crankcase breather hose causing the crankcase to build pressur forcing oil thru the seal. Thats been a year ago and still not leaking