• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leak

jeepjseries

Got a oil leak on my m1009. It's leaking from the vacuum pump pod on top. What can I do to fix it? It leaks enough to be a concern, rear main isn't leaking- torque converter is clean. CDR valve appears to be new and clean inside.

Anubis8472

Havn't messed with my vacuum pump yet, but I would imagine your issue should be a simple gasket replacement.
The oil is leaking from the base where it bolts to the block, right?

ctmustang

sounds like you lost one of the internal seals replace it and make sure youre not building crankcase pressure. I just replaced mine from oreillys for $75.00

ctmustang

Theres no way for you to repair it - Replace the whole unit. Its not hard just pull the old one and drop in the new one - it doesnt have to be timed just drop it in.
CT

ctmustang

120 is prob not bad. I have a friend working at O'reilly so he cuts me slack on most stuff. I dont have the part # handy but any parts house has it listed just tell them k5 blazer instead of cucv. LOL