• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil leaking from turbo

cev65

For the past while I have noticed oil all over the starter and from end of my deuce. To some time and pressured all the oil off and fired it up to see where the oil was coming from. After it ran for a while I got looking and there is oil coming from the exhaust side of the turbo where the exhaust pipe connects. Any ideas what would cause this??

ke5eua

That's what I figured. Easy to replace?? Hurt to drive until I get it fixed??
As far as hurt to drive, if it's the seals in the turbo it could turn into a runaway situation damaging the engine. Basically the turbo is feeding the oil into the intake and unless you block the air it will run at max rpm until it is out of oil.

rustystud

As far as hurt to drive, if it's the seals in the turbo it could turn into a runaway situation damaging the engine. Basically the turbo is feeding the oil into the intake and unless you block the air it will run at max rpm until it is out of oil.
Agreed ! I've seen this happen. Very BAD !

cev65

Right now there is a high percentage of used motor oil in the fuel. Am I lucky enough that it possibly could be unburnt fuel leaking out??

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do you have a slobber tube extension?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Its not hard to pull the exhaust piece. I'd yank it and look into whats going on.

I dunno the oil seals are bad based on the pic. When you run it, does it smoke out the neighborhood? Mine did, I could shut down north AND south bound lanes on the highway!

welldigger

Could it be from unburnt used motor oil?? There is a good bit of that in the fuel tank.
If you have that much unburnt fuel (even if it is motor oil as fuel) you have problems still. Do you idle the truck a lot? Like 30 min or more at a time?

welldigger

A normal warm up won't hurt anything. So you either have engine oil coming through the exhaust or the seals on the turbo are giving out.