• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil line??

citizensoldier

I had a rubber line with two brass threaded fittings crack on a deuce I just recovered. I repaired it with some clamps and fresh rubber line, but would like to buy a new propper one. It runs from a brass 90 on the block of a multi to the bottom of the injector pump. Is this a oil return line? Or does this lube the pump in some way? I will try and get pictures but figured some of you pro's would know exactly what I am talking about..

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I'd buy a new one or have a new one made.

Here is what happens when an old one breaks while you are going down the road:

The engine oil pump is pumping oil out of the crankcase and onto the ground. But since nothing on the driver's side of the engine is hot enough, you won't see any smoke and it's pretty darned doubtful you'd smell it. So the injector pump is running without any lube.

Eventually, the crankcase runs out of oil.

You then replace multifuel with another.

kc8sfq

Oil line

Mine is peeing up there, too, can't find exactly where though. I didn't smell it, but when I stopped for a break, there was enough oil blowing aft that there was a circle on the ground where it dripped off the spare.

Lane: if you find a supplier, please post here and I'll buy one too.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Oil line

Make them. Go to NAPA or a truck shop..KW, Pete, Hose Man, Nelson-Dunn, etc, and just buy 3, #4 swivels, an 1/8 pipe male to #4 and a foot of #4 stratoflex, aeroquip..whatever your flavor is. Just make sure the swivels you get are SAE and JIC compatible. I could take pics to show you how to make them if you like.

citizensoldier

Re: RE: Oil line??

FMJ said:
I thought you were doing syrup?
This trucks intended use is hauling sap. I went to a NAPA in Wi and they could not match it.. If you would like to post pics I would like to see how you make one.
I will replace them both and if ther had not been snow on the ground it would have done just like you say clinto.. No oil...

OpieNoTool

Re: RE: Oil line??

citizensoldier said:
FMJ said:
I thought you were doing syrup?
This trucks intended use is hauling sap. I went to a NAPA in Wi and they could not match it.. If you would like to post pics I would like to see how you make one.
I will replace them both and if ther had not been snow on the ground it would have done just like you say clinto.. No oil...
Emphasising The "I" :wink:

citizensoldier

RE: Re: RE: Oil line??

ok, ok OpieNoTool played with this line too.. Kind of like watching a monkey **** a football.. But I was not in a argueing mood.. Todays youth think they know it all!!
I kept it simple Opie.. Didnt feel like typing..

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Here ya go. It's very easy. Sorry, some of the pics are blurry.

Attachments

citizensoldier

Thank Will! Off to NAPA I go. I thought you needed some type of fancy crimp tool to make it work. Didnt know you could buy a type like that and thread it in. Thanks for taking your time and good job on the pics.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks