• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Lines

repairs_nooooo!!!

Hello everyone. I need a little help locating where the oil lines feed into the engine. I bought my truck without any oil components and I cant see where any of the lines go because, either a bolt is in the holes or there is ancient oil/grease covering them. Just a couple photos of the inlet and outlet lines should be more than sufficient.

I managed to get it to run for a few seconds on starter fluid. I consider it a great victory because one, the wiring didnt catch fire and two, I now know it will start.

Once I have completed work on the engine, I am going to rebuild the transmission. The trans is literally falling out of its housing. my biggest hurdle is getting the floor plate off. Some yahoo decided to weld the sections together as well as to some of the bolts. I need more power tools:(

Here are some photos for your enjoyment.
0LU7dwu.jpgAYfNKMc.jpgn3NVCCn.jpgOwrtgsZ.jpg

Last edited:

repairs_nooooo!!!

Update: 2/28/2016
I got my oil line situation figured out. I couldn't find the holes for the lines because there were plugs put in. I just have to find some lines that will fit. So, I should have a running truck tomorrow.

Also I pulled the transmission and that revealed a lot. Turns out I need an all new trans. Most of the main gears are stripped, main shaft is also broken, and there is a crack in the case. I may be able to fix the crack but the rest needs to be replaced.

The output shaft for the PTO is facing backward. Is there an easy way to have it face toward the front of the truck to power a winch?

http://imgur.com/a/6zXBt

GUNNY 155

I would not waste time with the cracked case. Call John at Midwest Military he should be able to help you. If not try Vintage Power Wagon. AB Linn sells a lot on E Bay so you could check him too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks