• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil on front wheels

tsivey

Sorry for not reporting back. Turned out mine was a blown wheel cylinder. Not long after I had posted, the other side started leaking. I replaced both front wheel cylinders, and no more oily wheels. It wasn't as difficult as I thought. As far as driving a heavy truck with brake problems, once I figured out what was happening, I got real nervous and the truck sat until I could fix it.
Are you loosing fliud?
Unlike me, please post your findings. Good luck.

The King Machine

A remote brake fluid reservoir is a must for these trucks. Most are transparent. It's essential, any leaking of the brake system can be spotted quickly. The kit is cheap and simple to install.

A leaking brake cylinder is a priority repair. Gear oil has a much thicker texture and distinct smell. Try and find a relatively clean sample.
Dab your finger in the puddle, rub the fluid between two finders. If you can feel the ridges of your finger prints than its brake fluid. If it glazes over the ridges of the opposing finger than its gear oil.

HeadForTheHills

Thank you for getting back to me gentlemen, I'm very grateful that it was not brake fluid after all-- busted outer axel seal that ran down the drum and collected inside the rim. Drove it down the mountain with no problems! Looking to fix the seal, and clear out the axel vents-- will report back after the repair..!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks