• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pan gasket Info

WYomer

So dumb question but anybody know the part number for the oil pan gasket? I have a leak I think is coming from the pan and there is RTV all over that pan area. Or should I just remove and use the canned gasket maker?

1990 M932A2 8.3L

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You DO need to lay a thin bead of silicone based adhesive on the pan rail joints where the rear seal carrier and gear housing meet, just on the block side, nowhere else. Don't use rubber based silicone, the acids in the engine oil attack it, turn it to goo and you will have a leak again.

Ford Mechanic

You DO need to lay a thin bead of silicone based adhesive on the pan rail joints where the rear seal carrier and gear housing meet, just on the block side, nowhere else. Don't use rubber based silicone, the acids in the engine oil attack it, turn it to goo and you will have a leak again.
+1 for what he said! Use the grey rtv! It was designed for high torque applications and the only rtv recommended in Ford diesils since 2003.

I use it exclusively, no more repeat repairs for failed rtv seals. Ford actually uses it to glue on trans pan gaskets on certain vehicles, you bend up the pan before it ever comes off

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WYomer

WOW thanks! I had no idea, there is alot of orange hi temp gooped all over it now so I figured that was either the leak area or a good starts to find my seepage level leak. Very redneck level of RTV....always suspect when I see that crap.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks