• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pan gasket replacement

ssgtcampbell77

Staff Sergeant
My jackstands didn't go high enough to get the axle to droop with the tires on.

Gotcha, makes sense. I put mine on a lift so I didn't have an issue with the axle nor did I need to remove the starter. Although as luck would have it, now that i have the oil pan issue solved, my starter is done. Hopefully just the relay or solenoid. If I ever get off work I will start on that.

USAWEAPON777

Well a quick update. Looks like the pan is solid, no leaks! I headed down to the local off road park with some friends of mine who helped me with the pan and we joined the SS group there for their spring rally. Drove the truck all day off road, and 2hr's round trip on the highway and not a drop of oil. [thumbzup] ..... Now i need a lift kit for offroading and to show off this stylish lime green oil pan lol

BobMassive

Has anyone had a problem with the rear oil pan seal mating up? I have done it twice now with a big cork felpro gasket, rtv on both sides, and both times the rear seal has leaked. I used a little rtv on it. The replacement gasket seems a bit thicker than the original one that came with the truck.

Rtv isnt the right sealant for the joint where the rubber gasket meets the paper or cork gasket in the rear of the pan. Rtv cures with air, anaerobic sealant cures without air. So when you put together pieces rtv only just skins over and when your cdr clogs with oil it will pressurize the block and push out the rtv. Then the pan leaks.

Stickpit

Hello, What oil pan gasket number is the "right" number to order? I am in need of replacing mine also and can't seem to find a good number to order.

Thanks.

Stickpit

M1009 Oil Pan Gasket Part Number?

Hello, I have a 86 M1009 that needs a oil pan gasket replacement. I have not found a replacement part number for this gasket. Can someone supply me with this number? Also is it a two piece unit? Looks like there is a pan seal and also a curved seal at the back of the pan.

Thanks, :?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crossposting(posting the same thing in more than one thread) is against the rules.

I've merged your thread with this thread(which you posted in as as well).

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks