• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pan removel

jay741

hi i have an m1008 and the oil pan just wont come out it seems like somthing on the inside is preventing it from. i have all the nuts out and the dip stick out. i can move it around but it just wont come down. i have a 6.2 in the garage from a humvee and that pan came out no problem. i was just wondering if there are any tricks or tips thanks

beanman1

the oil pump pickup tube is preventing it from coming out i dont recall what size the bolts are but you are going to have to lean it and get your hand/tool in there to take the pick up tube off and then it should come out

kassim503

I noticed a clearance issue between the oil pan and the front crossmember, it would not let the pan drop low enough to clear the front main bearing cap. My fix was lifting the motor half an inch by placing a jack and block of wood under the crank pulley

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks