• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pan Skid Plate

Kenny714

Real simple and easy protection. I got the steel FREE from work. Scored the bends with a cut off wheel and bent it up in the vise. Ran a thick bead of weld over the scores after I got it bent up. The notch cut in the rear is so I can change my oil without removing the skid plate. It's all bolt on with factory hardware...Bonus!

ALFA2

That is good thinking Kenny, looks like OEM style part when painted, and additional protection for the pan is always good.

Thank you for posting.

ALFA2

Kenny714

Thanks! Only improvement I may do is weld in small gussets on the bends to strengthen it up a bit. Probably not necessary but, It'll keep me busy for an hour or so.:mrgreen:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I guess if your looking for something to do. I doubt that would do much of anything other than to keep bugs off the front of the pan.

Speedwoble

I had a diamond tread skid plate on my 4-wheeler, I got stuck on many object, in part because it wouldn't "skid"
That said, it does have a very practical purpose. On my 69, I had a tall piece of firewood get wedged between the ground and that frame crossmember. The fuel line was run along the bottom edge of the crossmember, as on yours, and the fuel line was crimped nearly in shut. Therefore I say it is better protection for the fuel line than the oil pan.

Kenny714

I'll be adding gussets to the corners but, the truck won't be seeing any hard hits. It's primarily used to pull our mud trucks out of the holes and trail riding. It may see some sand hills and some small trees/brush while manuvering to yank someone out so I think it will accomplish what I need it to do.

Thanx for the feedback!:)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks