• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure and Water Temp. Ports

Rebelpride

I have an '85 M1009 that I am fixing up, the only big thing that is holding me up is: where is the port so that I can get an oil pressure reading and #2 where is a port that I can get a water temp reading. I bought an Auto Meter 2 guage set but the manual I bought of course doesnt cover the diesel engines. And I cant find anything on Google. I've been told that there is a port on the oil filter housing that a 1/4" drive will fit into and I found that but am not 100% certain. And I found a port on my water pump but I think that the impeller in the pump would hit the bulb of my temp. sensor. Does anybody have any pictures or can you tell me where I can install the sensors for my guages.

Croatan_Kid

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15198

Read that thread I started. Most people put the water temp in the back of the passenger side head with a threaded block off plate. The normal spot for an oil pressure tap is where the dummy light sensor is, back by the vacuum pump. Put in a "T" fitting or do like I did and run it from the oil cooler line on the driver's side near the radiator.

Oh, what part of NC are you from?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks