• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure and Water Temp. Ports

Rebelpride

I have an '85 M1009 that I am fixing up, the only big thing that is holding me up is: where is the port so that I can get an oil pressure reading and #2 where is a port that I can get a water temp reading. I bought an Auto Meter 2 guage set but the manual I bought of course doesnt cover the diesel engines. And I cant find anything on Google. I've been told that there is a port on the oil filter housing that a 1/4" drive will fit into and I found that but am not 100% certain. And I found a port on my water pump but I think that the impeller in the pump would hit the bulb of my temp. sensor. Does anybody have any pictures or can you tell me where I can install the sensors for my guages.

Croatan_Kid

http://steelsoldiers.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=15198

Read that thread I started. Most people put the water temp in the back of the passenger side head with a threaded block off plate. The normal spot for an oil pressure tap is where the dummy light sensor is, back by the vacuum pump. Put in a "T" fitting or do like I did and run it from the oil cooler line on the driver's side near the radiator.

Oh, what part of NC are you from?