• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure drops when coming to a stop

OneShot0311

I have a M1123 with a 6.5 NA and I noticed at idle the oil pressure shows around 30. When driving it stays around 30 as well if I am cruising or giving it gas.

However when I start to roll to a stop and apply the breaks and the rims get low I noticed the oil slowly lowers down to about 10psi. When I start to go again the pressure goes right back to 30.

Is this anything to worry about or any way of checking anything? I replaced all my gauges as the old ones were beat to death and both got the same reading.

Coug

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The gauge is there mostly as reference. I've used 3 different senders and 2 different gauges, and every combination reads differently.

Oil pump system is entirely mechanical, and usually either works or it doesn't.
As long as the gauge reads pressure, and moves between low RPMs and high RPMs, then I wouldn't worry about it. Just look at it occasionally to make sure it's being consistent.

Hummer Guy

I have a M1123 with a 6.5 NA and I noticed at idle the oil pressure shows around 30. When driving it stays around 30 as well if I am cruising or giving it gas.

However when I start to roll to a stop and apply the breaks and the rims get low I noticed the oil slowly lowers down to about 10psi. When I start to go again the pressure goes right back to 30.

Is this anything to worry about or any way of checking anything? I replaced all my gauges as the old ones were beat to death and both got the same reading.
Sounds like humvee gauges being humvee gauges, mines sometime goes to 0 until I hit the gauge which brings it back to 30

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I am curious what you drive in the civy world?
Almost every vehicle has lower oil pressure when at idle, especially when warm, only Fords have the same indicated pressure all the time and that is because what looks like a gauge is actually a mechanical idiot light, the Ford engine has a simple pressure switch so the gauge will read exactly the same from 4psi to 100+psi.

CapePrep

You could always hook up a mechanical gauge temporarily to verify what the real numbers are. A simple confirmation.

Reactions: cwc

Autonomy_Lost

I am curious what you drive in the civy world?
Almost every vehicle has lower oil pressure when at idle, especially when warm, only Fords have the same indicated pressure all the time and that is because what looks like a gauge is actually a mechanical idiot light, the Ford engine has a simple pressure switch so the gauge will read exactly the same from 4psi to 100+psi.
Yep, also many modern vehicles no longer have oil pressure gauges at all. I've also noticed lack of voltmeters in newer cars which I wish they would bring back.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks