• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure gauge fluctuations normal? Video.

paine

https://youtu.be/eJ4JXyveyro

I assume this is normal but because I stress too much I am going to ask you guys anyway!

Performing a maintenance run while it is 90°F and super humid in Michigan today and noticed the oil pressure gauge moving a little without load change. Frequency seems steady along with all the other gauges.

Take a look at the video and let me know if I am just being crazy!

On on the plus side I have my AC set to 70°F and the 803 doesn’t give a 💩!

*** update***

We have some recessed LED lights in the kitchen and when the 3 ton AC compressor starts (with a good hard start Cap. )the lights flicker / turn off then on, I know the MEP just needs a second to catch up and I was hoping the HS Capacitor would remedy this type of stuff!
Is it just normal and I should just live with it?

Last edited:

Zed254

I notice small needle movements in gauges when I energize the gauge lights on my MEP803A. My fuel gauge jiggles a wee bit during running, but is getting better....I suspect a ground problem but have not been able to correct it. You might want to check you ground connections. I suggest you continue to monitor your oil gauge but don't lose too much sleep over it.......yet.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
This looks like an electrical problem. But if you are worried, get a gauge and hook it up to check it. Sim, easy. Like Zed said, don't lose sleep over it.

paine

Thanks guys, I don’t think I will loose sleep over it but it will bother me until I rectify it the problem.
So you are thinking I have a loose ground at the gauge or elsewhere? Any problem areas to check?
Its been a while since I read the TM, I could start there.

Guyfang

Staff member
Start at the sender, and work towards the gauge checking your wire connections. Then look at the gauge holder. Sometimes it's to loose, sometimes it's over tightened. If some of the other gauges also move a bit, check all the gauge grounds. Some are in series, a ground wire run from one gauge to another.

paine

Start at the sender, and work towards the gauge checking your wire connections. Then look at the gauge holder. Sometimes it's to loose, sometimes it's over tightened. If some of the other gauges also move a bit, check all the gauge grounds. Some are in series, a ground wire run from one gauge to another.
You is a bad donkey, thanks for the ideas!

happy 4th!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks