• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure gauge M35A2

Tommy78

Which one is more common, bad oil pressure sender or bad oil pressure gauge? When I test drove the truck and also when I drove it home the gauge read 60psi. It would come up right after start up. Yesterday when I started the truck, the gauge did not move. After tapping on the gauge, it went right to 60. I then shut the truck down and could duplicate the same condition without the engine running, turn switch off, gauge drops. Turn it on, gauge doesn't move until you tap it. Im guessing ground issue or junk gauge. Is the ground the gauge case?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bad gauge panel ground is more likely the issue.

It grounds with the 2 screw fasteners in the corners, to the dash.

Best option is to add a ground wire between the panel and the dash.

Simply wire brushing the holes & fasteners works too.

Also, the gauge to the panel needs cleaned.

Last edited:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Doghead has offered very good suggestions to try. If they do not help I have had gauges that get sticky bearings on the needle that hamper movement. The only cure for that is to replace the gauge.
Regards Martin Sacks

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are 2 senders, to go along with 2 gauges, 0-60 psi or 0-120psi.

Tommy78

Ive got a 0-60 gauge, I ordered the 0-60 sender. Its ok I have to wait for it, supposed to be -20 here tonight, and not above 0 tomorrow. Too cold to work outside for me!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks