• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pressure gauge quit

meindl

My oil pressure gauge began reading low pressure, then no pressure. Engine runs fine and when I sut it down, I can hear oil running back down into the oil pan. There is oil all over the rockers also, the pump seems to be working. should I just get a new gauge or is there a way to make sure the pump is or is not working?
Thanks you, Meindl

DeucesWild11

Mine only works when I tap on the side of the gauge. It reads normal for a little bit till it quits and then I have to tap on it again. Thought I would ask here since it's a similar issue. Anyone have this problem?

meindl

My oil pressure gauge began reading low pressure, then no pressure. Engine runs fine and when I sut it down, I can hear oil running back down into the oil pan. There is oil all over the rockers also, the pump seems to be working. should I just get a new gauge or is there a way to make sure the pump is or is not working?
Thanks you, Meindl
Yup, its a deuce m35a2

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Do a search for this thread it will tell you how to test it ; Super-low oil pressure, M35A2 multifuel

Or download this TM ; TM9-2320-361-24-1.pdf
and go to chapter 2 it's the trouble shooting section for gauges

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The correct gauge and sending unit is readily available, as is the TM to diagnose the gauges.

59apache

Chipmaker
correct.
IF you got a workin gauge and If you got a mathcing sending unit and IF you have no power / ground problems, you got a correct working pressure gauge.
The if's are the reason for me to trial a mechanical SW gauge. i've read to many post about mismatching sending units and ground probems and my own experience tells me this my way to go.
I've received my sw gauge few days ago, looks good, pipe fits, price is ok.
will show results ASAP.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There are three connections that must be intact for the gauge to work, ground, +24VDC and the wire to the grounded sending unit.
When power and ground are properly connected, an open circuit to the sending unit will give you full deflection and a short, no needle movement at all...

meindl

Yup, mine is electric. Guess I'll just get a new gauge and sending unit. The thing works when I start it then quits minutes later. It does appear to be getting oil. Thanks for the tips.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks