• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil Pressure Gauge

zeisshensoldt

Odd. After installing the gauge, i refilled the rad and let it idle a good bit while squeezing the top hose to burp the system. The rad was full at the time of install, could it still be low?

zeisshensoldt

Just checked the water levels, rad was full, overflow was about halfway between empty and the "cold fill" mark. I then overfilled the overflow tank a little bit, ran the truck, still no gauge response and upper hose still had no pressure.

zeisshensoldt

Yeah, i dont know whats up with this gauge. It's my second mechanical bosch gauge from advanced auto and both have supposedly died within an hour. I wonder if the copper wire having contact with sharp rusty metal has anything to do with it? :hammer:

cucvrus

Copper wire? I thought mechanical gauge was when oil actually ran to the back of the gauge? I have my gauge hooked up to the left rear engine oil sending unit port and my oil capillary is only about 2 ft long from the engine to the back of the gauge. Are we on the same page?

zeisshensoldt

I was told that an improperly grounded engine could damage a mechanical temp gauge, is this possible? Also it failed the boiling water test.
20160301_223404.jpg