• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pressure port

hkyplr18

I'm looking at an M35A2 that is for sale. The oil pressure gauge on the panel is showing low op at idle and high rpm. Can someone tell me what thread the op port is on the engine case? 1/4 npt? I need to put an external gauge on it to see what the actual direct reading is.
Thanks in advance.

welldigger

I can't remember what the port size is but check the engine oil. If it's high then chances are fuel has thinned the oil out causing the low oil pressure.

Not necessarily the worst case scenario. It's usually easy to fix. But definitely change the oil before running it hard if that turns out to be the case.

It could also simply be a bad guage or sending unit.

cattlerepairman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is 1/4 IPS/NPT threads at the block. Passenger side rear of the block; you may have to remove the air filter bucket, it is tight there.
Common problem is a mis-matched gauge and sender unit. There are 60 and 120 psi gauges and sender units and they show wonky pressures when interchanged. Some soldiers A apparently did not care. Sending unit can be blown out with compressed air.

Last edited:

hkyplr18

Thanks so much! That is exactly what I was looking for. I am familiar with the mis-matched issue and that's what I'm hoping/guessing the problem is. Should have confirmation tonight.
Thanks Again

It is 1/4 IPS/NPT threads at the block. Passenger side rear of the block; you may have to remove the air filter bucket, it is tight there.
Common problem is a mis-matched gauge and sender unit. There are 60 and 120 psi gauges and sender units and they show wonky pressures when interchanged. Some soldiers A apparently did not care. Sending unit can be blown out with compressed air.

dmetalmiki

Guessing you allready checked the oil, so as you are thinking, definately try a "what you see is what you have" gauge, And replace the the faulty unit/s. good luck in the (easy hopefully) fix.