• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil pressure reads nearly 100 psi when cold.

Jeeper10

My oil pressure is reading very high until it warms up for a while. The gauge reads nearly 100 psi. I am going to change the oil very soon as I have no idea what type or how long it's been in there as I just brought the deuce home yesterday. Should I be concerned?

Last edited:

Jeeper10

Thanks everyone. This is my first big'ish truck and first ever Diesel. The engine only has about 7k on since the army rebuilt it back in 1991 by the looks.

rustystud

Sounds like the side oil pressure regulator is hanging up a bit. The main oil pressure from the oil pump is between 100 to 120 psi. It is then regulated down to about 30 to 40 psi. My truck puts out 110 psi and is regulated to 35 psi. Like "Doghead" said don't worry about it. After you drive it some more it should free-up by itself.

NovacaineFix

Sounds like the side oil pressure regulator is hanging up a bit. The main oil pressure from the oil pump is between 100 to 120 psi. It is then regulated down to about 30 to 40 psi. My truck puts out 110 psi and is regulated to 35 psi. Like "Doghead" said don't worry about it. After you drive it some more it should free-up by itself.
Like they said, start to worry if it starts to blow oil filters and the o-rings out. Sounds like the motor is a little tight (good) and like Rusty said, it should free up after a bit.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You can do a quick check just for your own knowledge. Remove the electrical sending unit on the pass side at the rear of the motor, and screw in a mechanical gauge. That will give you a true reading.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks