• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pressure

levisaacs

guys i just installed a different engine in my 66 m35a2. the engine is a Hercules make. I dont seem to have the same oil pressure that i did in the past, its maxing out at 40 psi and at idle its around 20-25. Is that normal???

sandcobra164

My Hercules is a new in 92' motor, not rebuilt and it idles around 25 when hot and runs about 55 psi running above 2,100. It'll hit 70 psi at idle when cold and about 100 psi under throttle when cold. For reference but a completely different motor, the C12 in a Brand New MTVR only has about 15 pounds at idle when warm and that's considered "normal" as well. As long as the bottom end is not knocking, I wouldn't worry too much.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
That's a little low, did you bleed the oil lines to the indicator.
JC
Electric gauges on these.

Although it could have mismatched sending unit/gauge (do a search, covered many times).

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Crack the fitting open at the indicator, be carefull, don't make a mess. Cold engine/cold oil should be around 60 psi. Once it is hot it will drop.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
-to many trucks, I got to go check my deuce, maybe it is electric and the 5 ton is direct sending.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
That's a little low, did you bleed the oil lines to the indicator.
JC
absolutely no need to do that. pressure is pressure, air or oil, probably electric sender that is not matched to the gauge. if you really want to know put a mechanical gauge on. 10 psi per 1000 rpm is more than enough.