• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil pump?

johnsonbrandonj

I've again... been lurking and searching and cannot find what I'm looking for though I'm sure it is here.

Would it be possible/beneficial to hook up a pump to hit before starting to circulate/build pressure in the engine, and would it work on a timer to run after shut down?

Search for pre-lube, prelube, or pre lube. But to answer your question YES it is beneficial. Also installing the spin on oil filter conversion kit with anti drain back oil filters also help reduce the time the engine runs with out oil pressure significantly. In colder climates having a block heater and/or oil pan heater can also help as it keeps the oil from becoming thicker.

johnsonbrandonj

hmmm... I searched and didn't find much that was helpful (and any links that were in threads that looked promising didn't seem to work). I'm a newcomer and wondering if the site had an overhaul and maybe posts were lost?

FFhill... where do you work? I'm in AZ IAFF local 493...