• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil sale Napa

greg2560

Hey thanks to crazywelder72 !!! I got some Napa 15w40 5-7-2012 for 10 bucks a gallon...What a deal oil is oil right..Well that is the way i look at it..Todays oil got to be better than the oil in 1972...Other than more than likely it is not "USA oil" @#$%^ Dont get me started on that!!:beer:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I understand NAPA brand oil is made by Valvoline. Nothing wrong with that.

greg2560

Did not fix the HH yet,,,, but going to need oil once i get it fixed ...Trying to track down the orings $%^ the local part house....If it is not in the computer you are on your own lol...Will try some different places in victora tx.. if no luck will be on line looking and paying prime prices....Oh ya that old oil is going back in it after i cut it some more lol:beer:

crazywelder72

When i reused mine it was cut about 3-1 when my crank case flooded. But i have also been known to pour brand new 80w hydraulic oil directly into the tank to without any problems. Also I had a misc O-ring kit for years that i bought a a True Value hardware store. One of the o rings seemed to fit nicely over the fuel cut off rod. It wasn't the "exact" one but it did the job nicely. no more dripping.

greg2560

was the big hh orings leaking on yours or was the fuel cut off oring causeing all the problems..I just replaced the orings on the throttle shaft on my jd 4040. That was easy.. It has a roosa master injection pump.

davey8943

was the big hh orings leaking on yours or was the fuel cut off oring causeing all the problems..I just replaced the orings on the throttle shaft on my jd 4040. That was easy.. It has a roosa master injection pump.

You can change the small "stop shaft" o-rings without changing the big Hydraulic Head (HH) o-rings.

I wouldn't risk 5 gallons of oil on it being the stop shaft o-ring, I would change them all. That comes from the experience of changing the oil three times trying to chase the source of fuel leakage!

I have a whole bunch of all three (McMaster minimum order quantity is ~20!). PM me your address and I'll drop a set in the mail...

Dave

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the heads up on the oil sale.

Don't forget NAPA has oil filters on sale 1/2 price this Saturday, and every second Saturday of the month.