• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil spill on ALT 2 should I worry

MrBouncer

Changed oil today overfilled funnel oil spilled onto passenger side ALT. after cleaning up what i could i had to move the truck. now the gen light stays for a good 45 seconds where as before it would go out only a second or two after started. any suggestions.. on a side note what could cause front brakes to stick and how to remedy that truck ran fine until i started working on it

blitzengine

Changed oil today overfilled funnel oil spilled onto passenger side ALT. after cleaning up what i could i had to move the truck. now the gen light stays for a good 45 seconds where as before it would go out only a second or two after started. any suggestions.. on a side note what could cause front brakes to stick and how to remedy that truck ran fine until i started working on it
You should take the alternator apart (or have a shop do it) and clean it with thoroughly with electrical contact cleaner or brake cleaner to get rid of the oil. Especially oil on the brushes will not help your alternator at all, oil will get between the brushes and the rotor causing bad contact between the two components and cause your alternator to stop charging completely. As for the brakes check the brake hose as they sometimes deteriorate from the inside a may get clogged and that keeps the brake fluid from retuning to the master cylinder thus keeping the calipers from retracting. If the hoses are good inspect the calipers pistons and check to see if they retract without having to apply to much pressure. Hope this helps.

Cheers:beer:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks