• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil/Trans Cooler lines

xenocath

searching.............
the dorman lines have been on my truck for over two years now used factory straps and they don't hit anything and best of all no more leaks

cucvrus

Imagine that they (Dorman) fit for you and no one else. I knew they fit I used them from the local Autozone already. I never even thought about it. They were the same. I seen people put them on upside down and reversed top for bottom and vise versa and them not fit in place properly. 2 weeks ago I had a guy plug his off till he got new ones made. I am not sure I would do that but he did. He had new ones made at the hydralic shop. The M1010 hoses seem to be the best. I am not sure why they made them diferent then the rest of the fleet. I am sure there was a reason.

Just tried installing the dorman lines today and the line that is forward most in the block would not even thread on. I pulled the fitting from the block and attempted to thread it on on the bench and still a no go. I ended up putting the o.g. line back on to get me home. I will be making my own lines this weekend. .

hoplite666

Go get yourself a coil of 5/16" hard line. I believe the trans lines are 5/16" .Get an inexpensive tubing bender and go at it. The transmission lines are fairly easy to make and they do not have to be exactly like the factory lines. Just bend them neatly and keep them away from contacting other parts. Try to get them as close as possible to the OEM and use the line holder that is on the oil pan. Cross them over the lower transmission cover and use a P clip and bolt them in place there. I have a few of the hard aluminum cross over lines that I would be willing to part with for a fee. I have OEM new and used. Send me a message if I can help. I think that you can buy the transmission lines from an aftermarket company. Maybe even the engine oil cooler lines. Look in any of the 4 wheel and off road magazines. I see ads all the time for these parts. I never bought any transmission lines I always made them myself. I hope that is helpful to you. Good Luck with your project. Note you will need a double flaring tool to flare the ends of the transmission cooler lines.
As of now I've got no issues with my lines. If the day comes they need tending to I'm going that route. I was dreading a brake line job that needed to be done on my Honda. All the hard lines. Master cylinder to all four corners..rotted. The thought of all that bending was a big turn off. My past experiences with steel line didn't go to well and I never got the hang of using the bending tool. Some of you I'm sure are familiar with it, at the time I knew nothing about all the ultra cool, fancy bendable tubing that's out there now. Well once I discovered it, viola... Did my Honda in no time.
What I'm getting at is that you can buy the copper..alloy...whatever its made from...Never corrodes...is totally flexible..easy to work with stuff and make fuel, tranny, oil, brake etc lines yourself. Did I say its easy??? I used stuff from SUR&R. But I've seen other brands in stock at local parts houses
SUR&R ULTRABEND Brake Line - Easy Routing By Hand: https://youtu.be/sjKzRxSvgys
SUR&R TR555 Deluxe Transmission Oil Cooler Line Repair Kit: https://youtu.be/ICQuR189kVA

cucvrus

DSCF6055.jpgI am looking for replacement automatic transmission lines for a 1984 CUCV M1028. I came across this old post. Yesterday I had the pleasure of replacing the engine oil cooler lines on a customers M1009. I had the wheel wells/inner fenders/aprons removed so I was cheating. I done it sitting at the left wheel well and never laid on the ground. I used NAPA. I put them on with no issues. DSCF6052.jpgDSCF6056.jpgOld ones off with the bracket still attached. I placed the new ones in the bracket and put them on the engine sitting on the tire. DSCF6054.jpgThat easy. DSCF6061.jpgWhen I was cleaning up for recycling I removed the Dorman cards that were in the package and were relabeled with the NAPA stickers. I give these lines an A + for ease and fit. Better than the past few sets of Ac Delco I bought. Back in the day GM ones were perfect fit. These are darn near perfect in my opinion. Have a Great Day. Happy Easter.

cucvrus

And I am still looking for a new set of pre-bent transmission cooler lines for a customers truck. I did make them in the past but it is not labor cost effective. Any good ones out there?

cucvrus

So I take it no one has ever purchased the transmission cooler lines from any of the company's selling after market parts. I called LMC they list a diesel but don't know what transmission it fits. The picture/diagram does not show the right side exit from the transmission and the left radiator entrance. Just asking if anyone had a success with any premade cooler lines for the transmission. The engine cooler lines are nailed. I think they fit as easy as ever. Thank you. Have a Great Day.

cucvrus

Ok this gets read from the bottom to the top. I have been inquiring about replacement transmission cooler lines for a truck I am going to be working on. I will order these and report back on fit and ease of installation. I used K10 as the example so I didn't get the normal reply from LMC that they don't sell K30 parts. And the K5 was an issue with the TH400. I am trying. More to come later with pictures. Mr Rusty is the patient.

Hello Rick,

Thank you for your reply. The radiator entrance is on theleft and the transmission is on the right.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Tyler Reyes | Long Motor Corporation
Call Center Supervisor
Direct: 913-541-1525 | Fax: 800-541-8525
Email: tyleru@longmotor.net

Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:47 PM
To: LMC Customer Care <
CustomerCare@longmotor.net>
Subject: RE: HI RICHARD E, here are your featured parts for May.

OK. I am back at the original question. In the illustration itshows the transmission cooler lines exiting the transmission on the right side(which is correct) And the transmission cooling lines entering the radiator onthe right side also. That is correct on gasoline engines. The 6.2 diesel enginewith the TH 400 will exit the right side of the transmission and the coolerlines will enter the left side of the radiator. On a 6.2 diesel the right sideof the radiator houses the engine oil cooler. So the ones I am looking for willbe transmission exit on right and radiator entrance on left. They travel underthe bottom flywheel cover and along the left side of the oil pan and enter theleft radiator tank. Please double check on this. That has been my inquiry allalong. Please?

From: LMC Customer Care [mailto:CustomerCare@longmotor.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:58 AM
To: Engle, Rick <
rick.engle@wabashnational.com>
Importance: High

Hi Rick!

We apologizeyou didn’t get followed up with on your inquiry. Yes, we do offer transmissioncooler lines for your application!

Our partnumber is 34-5718 for $54.95. We have also attached our catalog page thatincludes this piece for your review.

Please let usknow if you need anything else!

Thanks,

KristineG.
CustomerService, Long Motor Corporation
LMC Truck | 800-562-8782 | lmctruck.com
VictoriaBritish LTD | 800-255-0088 | victoriabritish.com
"Keep'em On The Road"[SUP]®[/SUP]

From: rick.engle@wabashnational.com<rick.engle@wabashnational.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:42 AM
To: Michelle Clark <
michellec@longmotor.net>;Daryll Malnicof <DaryllM@longmotor.net>;Communications <Communications@longmotor.net>

I have been waiting over a month to hear back from someone atLMC truck. I have a 1984 Chevrolet K10 truck with a TH400 transmission and a6.2 diesel. I need transmission cooler lines for it. Are they available?Please?

Prospect62

Hey @cucvrus how did the LMC trans cooler lines end up working? I think mine are leaking. I ordered a set off LMC for the diesel never even considering that they may not be for a TH400. They're on the way now but I was just curious if you got them to work.

I'll post my results when mine arrive!

cucvrus

I opted to bend my own on one truck and the other I had hydraulic hose made up and ran them tight up against the floor and secured them in place. 2-3 years on a snow plow truck and they are still perfect. I liked the rubber hydraulic hose but will say it was pricey. But when they are not leaking and getting torn off every winter the price was worth it. Bending them by hand takes a bit of patience. I have made many transmission cooler lines / brake lines in my life. I used to enjoy it. Not so much anymore. Good Luck.

adf5565

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So… anyone have luck with the LMC trans cooler lines? No one reported back.
Try this, I didn't go with the LMC ones but the part numbers for what i used are there.

cucvrus

I had rubber hydraulic lines made and tucked them up tight against the floor pan. They have been working for a few years now on a snow plow truck. I like the ease of running them and the fact that they flex. I know they don't cool like the steel ones but that has not been a problem. bending new ones from straight tubing is also an option. I have done this in the past. Good Luck.

87cr250r

The oil cooler uses Tube-O fittings on the ends. I used threaded adapters to get from the block NPT to JIC for the hose. Then added Tube-O fittings to the radiators end to connect with the rest of the system.

I know the post is about trans cooler lines. I want to add, standard hydraulic hoses don't have sufficient temperature ratings for on engine applications. Do keep this in mind. There are hoses that will work but they must be specified. Parker makes it easy, anything with a 6 as the last digit (206 or 426 eg) are high temp rated for on engine. Parker makes it hard because their prices are outrageous. Also, 221 is high temp rated despite the 1.

PXL_20230314_002539786.jpgPXL_20230316_011851597.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks