• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oil under fuel shutoff cover on IP

fpchief

Good Morning,
Home for a while so it is time for HH O rings. I took the cover off the other day and found fuel so that is what led me to do them. I just pulled the cover off a few minutes ago and there is oil in there. What would cause that? The truck runs ok but definitely not like it should...no smooth idle. Has something failed in the oiling of the IP for oil to get under that cover?

Kip

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea your going to get engine oil splash in the fuel shut off cover. It get splashed around the whole IP and can get to the cover as long as it is not fuel your good.

fpchief

Yea your going to get engine oil splash in the fuel shut off cover from the IP engine oil that lube the IP.
Whew!!! I have never noticed oil in there like that and of course expected the worst. This truck (M109), bought from a non member who traded it from a member has been nothing short of a nightmare. Not one thing has been good to go on it....nothing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea real sick and lonely people hang around SS waiting to answer questions. Kinda like I got nothing better to do only 110 things that need to be done around my house and I am on the computer.

Last edited:

fpchief

Yea real sick and lonely people hanging around SS waiting to answer questions. Kinda like I got nothing better to do.
Or...."Highly knowledgeable and devoted people to the restoration efforts of others!"

And to add...most are **** appreciative of it!!

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or...."Highly knowledgeable and devoted people to the restoration efforts of others!"

And to add...most are **** appreciative of it!!

BINGO! Share the knowledge. I'm here everyday to learn from others. Merry Christmas brothers.

fpchief

Parts ready for inspection. I don't see any issues .. do you? The button came out with head and clip stayed in th bottom of pump. I fished it out and it seemed to still have plenty of grab to clip back on to hold button in. Does it still need to be replaced or roll with it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks