• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

oil vapor

dirtyfingernails

I have a question I'm scared to ask. But I'd better. In the attached photos, specifically the opening shown off the turbo, I noticed an oily vapor coming out while the truck was running. I'd never noticed this before. The truck is running in these photos--but the pics didn't pick up the vapor. Is this a normal thing (please tell me it is) or is it an indication of something wrong. Thanks.
Steve

Attachments

jasonjc

Thats the just the crank case beather vent it normal. Some trucks have a hose on that , so it eixts lower some don't.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Lots of heat and pressure in the engine. The by- product of all that has to go somewhere or every seal in the engine will be leaking oil. If you exthed it a bit you'll keep the oil and stuff off of the starter and frame.

Blood_of_Tyrants

All internal combustion engines will do that. Your POV has a PCV valve that connects the intake to the crankcase to put a negative pressure in the crankcase and prevents most leakage.

Just get a hose that will handle the temp of the outlet.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any oil-rated hose of the proper length and ID will do for a slobber pipe. It should be straight. Perhaps you might be able to get some straight pieces at your local hardware store.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A 1 1/8 hose fits it. Put a piece about 6 inches long on it and it should put the nasties on the dif and not on the starter.