• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ok, egt, boost, turning up the fuel, and lockouts and power

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well I think I blew a head gasket. Drove the truck to my buddies work over hilly terrain with a long pull. I kept a close eye on the pyrometer/boost guages and didnt let it go above 15 lbs/1050 deg. Pulled the bed off at my buddies work and saw coolant running down the frame rails/transfer case. I loooked around and did'nt see any leaks from the radiator or hoses but the back of the rear head looked wet. I babied it home and actually parked in he garage but havent had time to troubleshoot. It runs normal and theres no coolant in the oil. Maybe one of my nieghbors sabatoged it. The duece really hauls without that heavy bed. It was cool being able to turn around and watch the suspension and drive line work while driving. I'm definately gonna turn the fuel down a tad so that the boost tops out at 15lbs. Ive got a few days of vacation to do some work on it.

Westech

CPL
when my truck did that it was the manifold hose on the head ( them little 3 inch long conector hose fron the intake to the head) they seal for @#$# there just too short.

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
Ill be checking those hoses today. That would be great if thats all it was. I've got a coolant system pressure tester but its for cars and light trucks, doesnt fit the duece radiator.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You like watching that rear suspension huh? Thats a cool part for me too with the little tractor. My 3 yr old stands up in the seat and watches it when I move the truck around the yard.

Desert Rat

Kenny,
My son does the same when I'm moving my truck around the backyard. Only difference is he likes to watch from where Mommy is standing outside the truck when she's spotting me in to a trailer or something. He knows never to walk or run around the truck especially when I have her running. He LOVES to go for rides in her too.

Ken,
I hope we don't turn up 'Storm to the point of popping coolant hoses!

Westech

CPL
the cap for the "big gm" fits, but its a tad different. The over flow hose is just a bit lower then the GM one and you cant pump it up, it just leaks out the tube. trick number 876,987 use a blow gun and a shop rag. put air gun in radiator cap hole. seal by stuffing shop rag around the hole and air gun. start pumping air in to cooling system. have friend check for leaks.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks