• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ok Experts

GearSpec

What's your take on this

(iu edited this becuase i was told we can't have live links?)

what's your guess, will it run and drive home? it looks clean

why would they not start it or test it? What would keep them from doing that, as I see other bases say they started vehicles with a jump

Thanks, decent truck?

I would say go for it. More then likely its just bad batteries or something simple. I would bet you can just put new batteries in it, check fluids, and drive it home. Got to remember most GL people just walk up hit the start button, if nothing happens, they say it dont start. All they do is just take a picture and list it. Remember its a goverment employee. Do as little as possible, get paid the most. :)

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
20K, and I like long drives in a new Deuce!

Seriously though, I don't think your supposed to post links to active auctions, I may be wrong, I'm sure the Overlord will chime in here soon if thats the case.

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got a couple nice trucks for $3800 - $5000, with titles, save you a bundle...but if you gotta have that $10K truck, be our guest. It looks great! Just hope it starts when you hit the red button....

GearSpec

Ok just edited the link, I had no idea, why can't you have live auction links here?

Thanks for the feedback guys this is going to be my first ever attempt/bid on a deuce! Very excited!

I just hope if i win it, i can start it and get it home, hate to drive there thinking it's driving home and then have it be DOA lol

so you guys think it's a nice/clean truck?

that sucks about the description/ willing to try and start stuff deal :( they could help us out a bit more u know bidding from a distance kidna sucks lol

GearSpec

P.S I only fill out the euc thing after, or if i win right? then have to wait a couple of weeks right?

GearSpec

but you do that after you win right?

Curious what you guys who buy and sell these etc would max bid on something like this?

I was thining anything 2k and less is a good deal, yes?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: ok Experts

GearSpec said:
P.S I only fill out the euc thing after, or if i win right? then have to wait a couple of weeks right?
:shock: :lol: rofl

You don't know GL/DRMS very well do you?

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

GearSpec said:
but you do that after you win right?

Curious what you guys who buy and sell these etc would max bid on something like this?

I was thining anything 2k and less is a good deal, yes?
A very good deal, let me know how it goes.....

GearSpec

RE: Re: RE: ok Experts

Really appreciate the feedback you guys are great, really solid community

GearSpec

RE: Re: RE: ok Experts

Hey so back to the running condition unknown.. i don't know alot about how the military handles or treats vehicles other than they generally have a rigorous maint program and replaces stuff that breaks etc...

what are the odds of buying a clean truck like that, and having it have a completely blown engine or something, catostrophic that would me from driving it home?... do they generally fix anything like that right away when it happens?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Re: RE: ok Experts

GearSpec said:
Hey so back to the running condition unknown.. i don't know alot about how the military handles or treats vehicles other than they generally have a rigorous maint program and replaces stuff that breaks etc...

what are the odds of buying a clean truck like that, and having it have a completely blown engine or something, catostrophic that would me from driving it home?... do they generally fix anything like that right away when it happens?
I'd say odds are it will run but it could have a blown engine. I've inspected alot of trucks and have seen everthing from a like new truck to a parts truck with trans, transfer,and engine problems. In the GL pics you couldn't tell a dimes worth of differance between the two. I've seen piles of parts type trucks go for $3,000 and good trucks go for $900.

In my opinion your taking a big risk in assuming you can drive a truck home that you've never seen or had someone check out for you beforehand. Have there been some here that have done just that? Sure. In my opinion they were lucky. Atleast they don't have my type of luck :D .

kx250m1

I got lucky with mine, I bought it sight unseen, just the gl pics, and I was a nervous wreck, I didn't pay to much for it, and if they would have had more pics I'm sure it would have gone much higher. I'm still waiting for the euc to go through, but I went up to take a look at it and everything worked :D, it was 30 degrees and it fired right up, brakes felt normal, and clutch and tranny went in all gears, I also looked at a couple that are going for a high price right now that looked beat up and abused in person, but look great in the pics, good luck, by the way take a look at the turbo on mine it looks brand new

Attachments

FreightTrain

Banned

kipman said:
first euc 45 to 60 days, title 60days.
I don't think so.....The EUC is about right(would say 20-60 days though).As for the SF97(title stuff) I am on Day 88 and counting myself.Yea,2 days short of a quarter of a year waiting on a the paperwork to get a title.Thank God I don't live in a state that requires them or either I would be out a big chunk of change for late fees or in some state they would have towed the truck by now for no tag.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks