• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ok getting to know my deuce, need some wisdom

Streetgliderx

Lets start with the thing that annoys me most,.... i have an electrical gremlin that just came up, a short somewhere is causing me to loose all running lights all headlights and panel lights, plainly heard the circuit breaker in 3 lever switch kick out. so i disassembled the entire switch cleaned everything including the circuit breaker contacts and reassembled it. Lights will work sometimes for an hour then click gone. may work for 5 min and gone. kill lights and wait they will come back on. so i am assuming a wire shorting out somewhere. any idea of high probability places this could be happening?

Next i have a busted exhaust 45* that comes right off the turbo and to the flex pipe. It fills cab with all kinda good smellin smoke. is this a specific military deuce part or can i get a pipe anywhere? i also own a full fab shop and can weld so worst case scenario i rebuild this one, probably a good time to drop turbo and install a pyrometer anyhow.

which brings me to another question do i need to find a 24v pyro and boost gauge? havent searched this one yet so im sure its out there

Now lastly i found a local scrap yard who just scrapped a deuce and sold off alot of parts, (i wish i had known!) but i did get a winch off them for 250 dollars, has a nice torch cut shaft too, but no PTO parts or frame extensions. so what i wondered, is there a list of needed parts to convert over to winch? i can build plates for the frame to set the winch into but i need to find out what levers, and PTO i need.... i can also rebuild the shaft.

the blower does not work on my cab heater, no voltage to the switch, where does it get power from?

i have a windsheild washer lever looks like it had two lines running to it its broken and i cant find a replacement

I've done various searches on these subjects and a lot of times threads have a link that says "here is the fix" click the link and it just links back to the front page forum..... i also see all the breakdowns in the TM manuals but sometimes there is some common gremlins that you guys may know but isnt listed in the manuals.

thanks for the help guys

Last edited:

Jeepsinker

Look where the wiring harness goes through the firewall, and at all four corners where the wires come off of the frame and go to the lights. Usually the wires rot and the insulation falls off where they are exposed to the weather at the corners.

dabtl

Dueces normally have shorts. Get a volt meter out with a long extension and begin circuit testing. I changed all of the lock washers on the light mounts after cleaning the ground with a wire brush to remove rust. That solved most of the problems on both of my trucks.