• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok guys and Gals I need help to I.D. These radios!

Ryansdaddy

Ok guys and Gals I need help to I.D. These radios!
I posted on here a few weeks back that a buddy of mine collected a lot of older military stuff and since he got ill he has had to sell off a lot of it. He is now hospitalized, so I am trying to help him and his wife with info on a lot of the stuff.
The photos show 4 RT-524A/VRC’s 2 are damaged they look like they were shot I have no clue what happened to them, maybe they are good for parts? The one with the set of numbered push buttons I have not idea what it is I have neber sean a radio like that, any ideas? All so is a working and complete PRC/77, I say working because the one battery that has power turned the light one I have not tried to pick up squelch or anything yet. And 2 ACR RT-10, 243 MHz Survival Radios.
Any info you can give on these radios would be great, possible sales price, and a good place to list them.
Thank you.

Attachments

zak

I forget the name/number of the push button one but its basically the same as the rt524. It has preset channels( push buttons)

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd be interested in one of the 524s once you have a price. I have no idea their actual value and would definitely set it too low if purchasing for myself.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
First one is an RT-246, next few are RT-524's, then you have an MT-1029 mount for the above radios, a test set, Pic #8 is accessories, then pic #9 is either a PRC-25 or PRC-77, and the last one are 'survival radios' for downed pilots. Pvt Jarhead sells completely reconditioned RT-524's for $400, unknown condition sets are probably half that price (or less), same is true of the PRC radio, although with all the accessories, it will fetch a bit more. I've paid $10-25 for the sugar scoops (upper right in pic #8), and would pay $50 for the MX-6707 in the mount (also in upper right)

Ryansdaddy

Guys I spent 20 years in the service so the parts and stuff I am ok on, although I neber used a matching unit like that one. I never used this typer of radio systems whe I joined in 89' it was all VRC 46'es. the PRC 77 is very cool having packed one all over the world before the singar systems replaced everything. But these 524's and the test unit are before my time i beleive and the push button one reminds me of the radio in my old 73 Lincon.
I did shoot PVT. Jarhead an email. I did a search and he does come very highly recommended. Thank you.
Because these are not being sold for me I would like to sell them in bulk for my Buddy before I start piecing them out.
I will keep you all posted
Again thank you

Ryansdaddy

I shot a message out to PVT Jarhead and have not heard back yet, I am sure he is not sitting at the computer waiting for an email from me, So I am going to just post this stuff here. I will post this stuff in the Classified section. Because my buddy needs the money to cover his medical bills so I am following SCSG-G4 suggesstions and the listing will be as follows.
2 sets of 1 complete and one damaged(for parts) RT-524’s for 250.00 each set plus shipping cost (buyers Preferred Shipping) I have 2 of these one complete and one damaged sets. When I saw complete that is to the best of my knowledge, I am not a radio guy.
1 RT-264 200.00 plus shipping cost (buyers Preferred Shipping)
1 PRC-77 working (with components) 350.00. (buyers Preferred Shipping) I took a video of the radio working and transmitting for those interested. I do not know if it receives anything other than squelch.
Radio mount 50.00 (buyers Preferred Shipping)
miscellaneous commo parts 50.00 the lot plus shipping cost (buyers Preferred Shipping)
1 MILITARY RADIO TEST SET PRC RADIO TS-1777/VRM-1 50.00 (buyers Preferred Shipping)
MKCOEN, you can have the first crack at a set of the RT-524’s if you are still interested.
Thank you all for the help

Ryansdaddy

On the advice and recommendation of many of you I tracked down PVT Jarhead, just so happens he lives right here where I am. He is coming out to look over these radios so I know what I have, what works and what does not. I was worried that I would not be able to find out what condition these systems were in before I posted them in the Classified ads, now I will know. I could not feel good about posting them without knowing if they were any good. So hopefully tomorrow, I will know more and them be ready to post them on the classified area.

I will keep you all posted on what happens.

Ryansdaddy

OK guys PVT Jarhead bought the whole lot mainly for parts many components were missing on the inside and the RT-246 was mostly just a shell. I am very glad he came by I would have felt like a huge ass selling these to anyone and they got less that they thought they should get.

Thank you all for the info on these radios and the references that brought me to PVT Jarhead.
On A side Note PVT. Jarhead is a great guy very good to work with, very knowledgeable, and very willing to work with you one price and info. Great experience and I will be working with him again.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks