• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok.......Here we go.....

bikeboy

I have been driving my "new" M1009 for about a week now, had a few charging system issues, but being a mechanic for 20+ years now I figured that out fairly easily, turned out i have a few bad connections at several points (corrosion). I also noticed a fuel drip from the throttle shaft seals, so I contacted Ken at Kublo's surplus, which is only 15 miles away from me, he was nice enough to pull a 1009 inside for me to come down and pull the injection pump off myself for a very cool $75.... Now I have a spare t rebuild my self (with the help of the 6.2 TM) and then I can switch it out and rebuild mine for a spare. The guys at Kublo's are great to deal with, I told them I will be dealing with them in the future. They do not normally deal with 1009's, only 2 1/2 ton and larger, but what a great group of people to deal with!! I can go to Kublo's 1 or 2 times a month, if anyone would like me to look at something for them let me know, I will do my best to help out. I LOVE MY M1009!!!! What an awesome truck!!!! :cool:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Rebuilding them isn't hard. You can get a seal kit for less than $50.

It is the calibration/testing that requires the expensive test equipment.

I took one apart on a MEP-005A GenSet. It is almost identical. After seeing all the pitted parts inside, I took it to the repair shop. $250 for labor and $200 in parts, the genset ran like a top.

I will be going back to them if I need a CUCV pump rebuilt.

And welcome to the OD Madness. You will not be able to have just one MV.......LOL

Last edited:

bikeboy

Yes, you need a calibraton bench to cal. the pumps, but if I just reseal it, I should not have a problem. The truck I got the pump from was a running unit. However, there is a shop close to me that specializes in IP rebuilds, and they are very helpful also. I just hope when I pull it apart there is no rust issues :|. Will let you know ow it goes as soon as I get the time to do it LOL. Thanks for the replies! :p

Last edited:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM 9-2320-289-34 has a detailed section on the pump. From disassembly to rebuild.

Good luck.