• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, I am back. Barely.

dabtl

I ruptured my Achilles tendon in January. Rehab is no fun.

For three months I wore a boot to prevent further harm and allow healing.

I have just begun learning to walk without it again.

I have not been able to move about much without pain and working on the deuce has been iffy at best.

At least I now can walk about and get into the warehouse again.

Bill

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
UGH! Sounds "uncomfortable" to say the VERY least! Glad to hear that things are getting better for ya!! "Slow but sure wins the race." I've heard when it comes to rehab!

God bless,
Tony

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
How'd you hurt it?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:

I hear about them but I would like to know what could cause it.

Good luck on the rehab.

dabtl

I was cooking BBQ for about 300 other lawyers at Texas Tech in January. We had to begin about 4am. It was dark cold and windy work. We had four Texas type smokers going with about 300 lbs. of ribs on. We ignited the fires with a propane torch and 5 gallon bottle.

About 6:15am I was walking over to my son, he was there also, and walked between two of the smokers. I did not see the black torch hose on the ground. My recollection is I tripped and did a double back flip with a half gainer. Others claim I just did a classic tuck and roll. Either way I landed, fortunately, on the grass border of the parking lot.

Initially, I could not stand, but after retiring to our conveniently placed RV, and medicating myself with a substantial amount of Shiner Bach, I was able to stand an hobble about.

Back home I got a sonagram to look for clots and the Orthopedic put me into a boot. For the next few months I could walk fairly well, not climb stairs well at all or bend over too easily. I got out of the boot a couple of weeks ago and learned to walk again. It will be another four months or so before it will heal.

Do not do this yourself. It is quite painful.