• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok, its hot.. anyone put ac in a 5 ton?

Rene M

I have found very little in my searching. Either you all live in a cooler place or this is going to be very hard..lol
:tin hat:

I have seen the red dot units all over the place but i want to drive in high water and the condenser would need to be a roof type mount. I dont have that much roof? lol

Hammer

Insulate!
It will help for sound, heat, cold, and will always be a good thing if you DO put AC in the truck.

davidkroberts

ive been kinda kicking around the same idea. I think im going to get that 12V fan unit that circulates air out of a beer cooler. Im not sure what ill end up doing but didnt someone on here have the red dot unit in the classifieds.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
If you have a hardtop put a small room AC in the back window and run it off an inverter.

Redneck??? You bet....... but as one of Murphy's Laws states "if it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid".

You will still need to insulate the crap out of it and chink up all the holes but it might make it bearable in Texas. Houston is otten n ell in the summer.

I managed to survive many years riding around in deuces and 5 tons with no AC.....like the Platoon Sgt. used to say....SUCK IT UP CUPCAKE.roflrofl

armytruck63

Don't drive during the hottest part of the day, if possible. Oh wait, Houston, it's probably almost as hot at night as it is during the day.fat lady sings

Excuse Me

The folks at Boyce equipment have installed many. According to Brett, they use a unit that fits between the seats and have a bracketry setup for the cummins. I'm unsure of the brand, but if I buy my 5 ton from Boyce, it will have this unit.

I also found through asking about, that a company called Red Dot makes many air cond units for nearly all mobile apps. They have roof tops, headliner units, back wall units, etc. They also ahve heater/air cond combos. Pretty affordable too. They can get pump brackets for many specific engines, but also sell the heck out of the generic bracket "kit", where you make your own using the basics that connect to the compressor itself which I believe includes the adjuster parts.
Harold Electric Co. specializing in Ag & Mobile Products
This company is in Walla Walla Wa. They also have a mod that they do to the roof tops to keep them working when the trucks are travelling at a very slow speed.

Autocar

I bought one of the surplus A/C kits from Dilvoy last month. Later this summer will install and document. Very complete kit-every part immaginable included. Don't know how many mods will be required to fit into 5 ton, but guess I will find out.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm thinking for the 800 series the compressor ought to go near the alternator because there isn't much room near the steering pump, but what we need is pictures showing an installation..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks