• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK MV bill update

TMOMW

the bill will be read in the house safety commission on tue prior to moving to the full house for a vote...
talked to the bill manager and she stated that this is a "no brainer" and has overwhelming support.

after that it moves to the senate and on to the gov...

5 states up, 5 states fixed ... im on a roll ..... ok what state is next,

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
the wording on the OK HB3179 does us no good, it says newer than 35 years, that is 1988, plus it changes every year, not like its worded as, newer than 1988.

what trucks do you have that are newer than 35 years?

Screenshot 2023-03-19 195912.jpg

TMOMW

here let me fix this for you..
"dear mr demorrow, thank you for your 3 years of hard work getting a law passed that will allow ALL military vehicles to be licensed and driven in my state. although i helped in NO way and only read some of the law and did not reach out to you with a question prior to posting something silly.
good?"

the 35 year old law was for the NEWer vehicles like HMMWVs and lmtvs... and anything newer than 35 years old....
the new law DOES NOT cancel out the antique vehicle law that is LESS restrictive than a normal registration.. so after 35 years you can get a antique vehicle plate for your vehicle that is cheaper.

so please rather then venting openly please pick up the phone or drop me a email. im not hard to find.
thank you
dave demorrow
author of this and many other MV laws.

View attachment 893591
[/QUOTE]

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
so why is all of our local tag offices stating that we cannot register any military vehicles if they are not newer than 35 years due to this new HB ?
Since I am not so smart, give me the info to take to get a wrecker register

TMOMW

so why is all of our local tag offices stating that we cannot register any military vehicles if they are not newer than 35 years due to this new HB ?
Since I am not so smart, give me the info to take to get a wrecker register
they (your local branch) are not reading it right, they need to contact the state office. you are the only one that i have seen have a issue with in the last 2 years......
or just have the MVPA help you

Reactions: 98G

TMOMW

they (your local branch) are not reading it right, they need to contact the state office. you are the only one that i have seen have a issue with in the last 2 years......
or just have the MVPA help you
if its over 35 years old you need to get historical plates for it. that was the state compromise

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks