• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ok so im going to swap out seats.

bubba_got_you

Ok so im going to swap out seats.
[FONT=&quot]I want to change to a set of bucket seats but a am wondering if any one here has don this and what they used? I can fab up something if none has but its simpler to fined what does work rather than find what does [/FONT]

DAP

yup nice bucket seats out of a 94 Mazda. Cut the RH seat down about four inches and covered openings with plywood. Gives nice solid platform to bolt seat to or bolt seat adjusters to. Pretty easy mod

davidkroberts

there is a great write-up on m715zone about a guy rebuilding the stock m715 seats with a suspension system. He used chair webbing and high density foam from a upholestry shop. says its as comfortable as his couch. I havent gotten around to the interior of my truck yet or i would have done it. it considered a must-do on the m715 boards.

KsM715

The base is just a spring seat base but the actual seat is a highback HMMWV seat. I havent determinded if it is a front seat or rear or if there is a difference. I got it from Lonesome715. He got it out of the trash dump when he was in Iraq, brand new still in the box.

dan labarge

I took off the brackets ,slide rails from a set of buckets and made driverside a pedestel out of one inch angle iron to getit level with the otherside.used flatiron bolted to the bottom of both seats to mount waer is comfortable for me.not adjustable but i put as far back as possable

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You probably wouldn't need them in St Pete but I've got a set of pwr/heated leather seats out of an '04 Coupe DeVille I'd like to get rid of. I'd trade them for a complete M37 Cargo Cover (bows, canvas, etc).

bubba_got_you

I'm considering installing this in my M37, depending on width of driver/passenger seats:

Drivers seat: (would go with black denim)
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Images/95510/95510-lg.jpg

Passenger flip/fold capable (on custom brackets, of course)
http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Images/95530/95530-lg.jpg

Trying to get a width measurement on CJ5 rear seat to see if both seats would squeeze into M37 cab -

'Tanner'
those look good! but i want just 2 seats (im going to install a box for my radios to sit between them)

bubba_got_you

You probably wouldn't need them in St Pete but I've got a set of pwr/heated leather seats out of an '04 Coupe DeVille I'd like to get rid of. I'd trade them for a complete M37 Cargo Cover (bows, canvas, etc).
i want to stick with a plane Jane setup (i get in deep water some times so the less things to short out the better)

The Janiter

Bubba, my m37 is going to get a seat from a newer dodge Pu, my 2004 set up fits the m37 with changes to the battery box and all brackets.

This way I also get a arm rest or third passenger - recover in green vinyl or fabric

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks