• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ok truck idles, then drives, then acts like it is out of fuel and dies

kcbbqguru

put 2 new batteries in, then drive 2 miles to test truck and it acts like it's out of fuel?? dies,
after it sits for 5 minutes it starts right back up, got it home and back in the driveway!
I'm thinking injector pump?? or fuel tank full of crap? any ideas?? Thanks

kcbbqguru

brand new fuel filter, truck has been sitting because this problem has been an ongoing issue for last year, will check on full lines next

dmetalmiki

That problem could be a 'collapsing' fuel line (suction/rubber hose)'
Also known is 'something sucked into the intake line, and drops back when the engine stops.
That append to us on two different Chevy Cheyennes.

cucvrus

If it has no leaks. I think the injection pump will get my guess from afar. The injection pump is a magic bullet with many fuel / drivability problems. But that is a guess from afar at best. Also what has been hacked into or just plain neglected? Happy Holidays.

beetleswamp

Clogged fuel sock is a real possibility if it has sat a long time.
You could try hooking up send/return lines to a jerry can and drive it around a to see if it's before vs after IP issue. I also put a clear in-line filter just before IP to watch for bubbles/air leaks.

dependable

Another test for clogged fuel sock: Blow compressed air down fuel line and listen for bubbling in tank, if there is an improvement in performance, you have temporarily unclogged sock and need to clean tank.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks