• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OK, what's this? (pics inside)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Negative.

First pic is for the ICE/STE. Second pic, power distribution for an M1008A!(radio power source).

YTS Deuce

I'll be darned, I thought it was for a radio hook up too. Learn something everyday!

How's the M1008 treating you?

What was the drive like back over the mountain when you picked it up?

M1008driver

The drive was great. I couldn't find a governor on the truck's speed, but it sure sucked the fuel when I stepped on it. Then the truck was snowed in at my brother's house for a couple of weeks. The batteries couldn't handle the extreme cold and we were not up on CUCV maintenance at the time.

Since then we did the doghead mod, added Optima batteries, license plate light, a new exhaust with VForce mufflers and 2 1/2" pipes, oil changed, and I got the transmission serviced (which it did not need). I am getting a Stanadyne fuel system Tuesday. This will be my hunting truck so I don't want roadside maintenance. I am also installing the glow plug override for emergencies, but not using it for normal startups.

I kept your number because some day I want to get a M1009. I have to go easy on my wife as she does not understand why I don't just buy a new truck. I told her to buy her a new SUV first, she needs it more than me.

I love the sound and smell of the truck. It brings back memories.

Attachments

Last edited:

M1008driver

Oh..and the county wouldn't let me get permanent tags because it is a 5/4 ton. I told them it was a 1 ton and they would not listen. Next year I am going to park it outside the office and argue a little. Permanent tags would be nice.

EDIT- I've got a heavy duty floor mat for the cab and hood padding to get the noise down. Solargizer will be added too along with a radio, SSB CB, FM radio and some BF Goodrich tires. I have to pace myself with all this buying, then I can start on my next vehicle I plan to buy, the M1009.

Last edited: