• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Okay, going super singles

M1075

Nice snag on the tires. The 12.50R20s take a 11" rim, so the A3 wheels should work great if you can get them. The beadlock rims I have available are only 10".

I've seen used 12.5s going for $15-$20 each on ebay if anybody else is shopping. They are a little shorter than the stock 900s, though.

rdixiemiller

I have a lathe large enough to section wheels, and access to a welding lathe and all the necessary equipment to make them up. If anyone has a bunch of deuce rims, I believe you can make one 11" wheel out of 2. The offset would be almost neutral. Anyone tried this yet?

spicergear

UH...I was down at Saturn talking to Mark a month or so ago and he had a set of 1250x20 XL that he was sitting on to put on some 'A3 wheels. The 'A3 wheel is HUGE compared to the 12.50 XL. I'm no expert, but to me, it looked like the 12.50's would fit nicely on a stock wheel where they'd be really puffed out to fit on an 'A3 wheel. Like my 15.50/80R20 XL's...15.5" wide and the bead needed is minimum 10". The tire is built to cut back in to a narrower wheel.

Just a recent observation...

M1075

I don't think the 1" or so difference would be a big deal either, but I have just seen where the Michelin approved rim for the 12.5 was 11". Afterall, a 16" wide 1600R20 "fits" on stock split rim (7"). I know guys who run them.

Loose Deuce

Man I wish I could try the super single thing but getting the tires home is the hardest part unless you live near the place you get them :shocked: Shipping is just too much for me right now. :sad:

deuce or die

I have the michelin 12.50 20 XL's on my duece. They fit great on the stock wheels and can even use the same tubes as the 9-20's did. Mine are about the same height as the 9-20's, but not as tall as the 10-20's that I was running.

spicergear

Yeah, they're around 40" tall with a wider footprint. Talked to Dave Newman at Eastern Surplus and he told me that they have wedged 1400x20 NDT's onto stock deuce wheels but they had to use the forklift to compress the sidewall enough to get the ring on and once inflated had the center bulged WAY up. I ran a 13" Bogger on a 7" wheel and it used up the center pretty quickly.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks