• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Okay I got the Crown Nut off now what does it take to get the Lunette out? (photos)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I swear by a product called Kroil. Stuff is best when you soak it and leave for a day or two. Does wonders on rusty threads. Spray in on , grab the BFH and swing it!

thevalentines2

What others have said and heat, blaster or (Kroil) and repeat. You can use a cold chisel at the junction as rust and repeated paint is probably what is holding it on. Got mine off in about 8 cycles.

wikallen

I live in the rust belt of Iowa where things like to become one with rust. Hit that sucker with a BA sledge. I mean one you gotta swing with two arms. I would not even bother with a 2, 3 or even 5 pound hand sledge. It is not going to work.

Hit that sucker toward the trailer as hard as you can. Like you are trying to pound it in tighter. With the nut loose and the taper, it will loosen itself. After a few good swings toward the trailer, then hit on on top of each side to get it to twist just a little. Then continue to hammer it back into the trailer.

I have tried the pulling int around town with the nut loose. I have use the nut up against a steel plate. I have even used a chunk of chain and a porta power. All a wasted effort. My 15lb sledge had it off in less then a minute.

DUECE-COUPE

use a baby sledge hammer and hit it away from the trailer on each side of the "O". after about 6 smacks, the thing will pop out. you can try to use a loosening agent, but the shaft is tapered, and it will pop out with out it.