• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oklahoma,recovery,tornado

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who finds it funny?

Probably the ham radio storm chasers from SWDCARC that kept wishing, over the air on their 2-meter ham repeater, that the storm would come closer to them so they could see it better in the lightning flashes (funnel clouds, hail, and all), which if they had their wish, would have taken the cluster of 3-4 funnels right over my property. By cluster, I suppose I mean the eastward-moving area 4x8 miles in oval with several funnels hanging from it. I got the 1" hail as it was.

DALLAS — The powerful thunderstorms that unleashed large hail and tornadoes on parts of North Texas this week caused the electrocution death of a Dallas man, medical officials ruled Thursday, and insurance experts said they expect damage claims could reach $300 million.

The storm spawned at least eight confirmed tornadoes Tuesday in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and pelted the metropolitan area with hail as large, in some cases, as softballs. Hundreds of people remained without power Thursday, and some airlines canceled flights because of damaged planes.

-Palestine Herald-Press

So at least three of eight were mine. The sirens were going off and I was listening to the SWDCARC 2-meter repeater, hoping to get some warnings, not to be accursed within my own dwelling place by the words of their mouths :-x.

Can you believe it? What kind of person bids a storm come closer with tornados in it?:cookoo: maybe they never personally been in a tornado and think it is a fun ride at Six Flags or something.

I've been in one and peeking out from a steel door I could barely crack open due to wind or suction saw a 20FT dumpster flying across the parking lot like a cardboard box 10 FT off the ground and on the building across the parking lot a roof-mounted air conditioner pulled straight up into the air about 30FT and then dropped back through the roof, and then a few minutes later went to help and there was 4" water on the floor in the electrical room and sparking panels and we were trying to get the people out of the damaged building, and rescue/EMS could not come right then because they were all deployed. It still gives me the creeps and it was 13 years ago. I don't want to be in another tornado so I would appreciate it if people would not wish that the storm would come closer so they can freaking see it better, bless their little hearts.

wishes 0, prayer 1.

Could have been far worse and those goobers were begging it on at the height of the storm for their personal experience pleasure.
:cookoo: Or for what?? Very bad example of professional communications. It's rule #47 or something: "know what you will say before speaking" and maybe #13: "others are always listening" I heard it wished for at least twice, the speaker wishing it would come closer. I do not have their call signs, I was kind of busy at the time getting ready to try and avoid my own doom.